Built-in System functions include EQ filter, delay, gain, crossovers, and polarity. However, these functions are implemented using custom-designed algorithms to optimize their usefulness when applied to loudspeakers. For example, unlike many bell filter designs, the UX3600’s produce a flat frequency response when reciprocal cut and boost filters are overlaid. Also, to more accurately calculate signal delay distances, a temperature setting permits compensation for sound speed differences.
Loudspeaker preset processing is available for specific EAW loudspeakers and loudspeaker arrays. The UX3600 implement EAW’s innovative Greybox™ settings, including EAW Focusing™, as part of the preset processing to correct loudspeaker anomalies that cannot be corrected with conventional digital processing. Advanced limiting maintains sound quality while achieving maximum output levels based on amplifier outputs. An ambient humidity setting provides appropriate “air loss” equalization based on listening distances.
While the output settings in Greyboxes are locked to deliver optimal loudspeaker performance, the user still retains control of input gain, EQ, signal delay, and polarity for the entire loudspeaker. This mode’s simplicity makes the UX3600 practical for entry level users and fast to operate for experienced users, providing a high degree of system consistency while retaining all necessary, user adjustable, alignment controls.
The UX3600 uses standard USB protocol and cabling for computer control using the custom EAWPilot software. Up to 50 user-defined presets can be save into device non-volatile memory. Two year warranty.
- Single operational mode
- Preset EAW Greybox™ signal processing delivers EAW Focusing™ to optimize performance
- Comprehensive, intuitive front panel control makes computer control unnecessary for most adjustments
- 10 parametric EQs per input channel and per output channel
- EAWPilot™ software allows comprehensive computer control
- Filter parameters are compatible with EAW Resolution modeling and alignment software for optimized performance